Monday, November 30, 2015

Hardin-Simmons University football standout goes pro!


Today, we would like to share with our valued readers, the story of a young man who maintained faith in the midst of adversity and received a blessing of a lifetime. Trei Lewis, a former Hardin-Simmons University Cowboy wide receiver has been selected for the roster of The Abilene Warriors football squad. We had a chance to ask Mr. Lewis about this experience. Check it out below!

The Great Change: What was the feeling that you felt when you learned that you had made the cut?

T. Lewis: When I made the cut, I felt like it was much deserved. It is not because of cockiness, but more so because of my consistent hardwork and dedication I have put in this game. I also kept my faith when it seemed that opportunities to play ball were starting to fade in my mind. I still believed I could play and be effective at the professional level. I'm truly blessed for the opportunity that awaits.

The Great Change: What is the biggest improvement that you want to bring to your game in the pros from the collegiate level?

T. Lewis: I want to become even MORE dominant and come in the locker room and make an immediate impact to show the coaches, and my fellow teammates, how serious I am about making plays and winning. These coaches are professionals and also have strong connections to the NFL, you never know what could happen. So I definitely want to be focused on great technique and the details of my position and playmaking that will happen based on my athletic abilities.

The Great Change: Who would you like to give thanks to for helping you achieve this goal?

Trei Lewis: I definitely want to thank God for helping keep my faith and blessing me through my trials and triumphs. My family; my mom and brother, have been so motivating to my success. I want to be able to take care of them. They keep me going everyday. Lastly, I want to thank my college coach Burleson for teaching me life lessons and giving me the tools to learn how to be a better man, not just a better ball player. 

The Great Change: What are your expectations for yourself this upcoming season?

T. Lewis: My expectations for this next coming season is to have the best season and have the most fun I have ever had while playing this game. I still have so much passion for this game. I am just excited and blessed to get the opportunity to play once more, because nothing is guaranteed. I definitely plan on opening some eyes as well, to people who are not really sure of my talents or are not aware of my talents. I would like to bring it to their attention. I always tell myself to train like the underdog, no matter what others say or what the odds are.


Trei Lewis' determination and hardworking has paid off and his story is an inspiration to everyone that knows this young man. Stay tuned to our blog for more stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment