Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Interview: Chappelle Continues Football Career

Hello valued readers!

Today, we have the privilege of congratulating and commending East Texas football standout, Jeremey Chappelle, for his opportunity to continue his career at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma. Jeremey Chappelle has had a remarkable journey to this point in his career. Originally from Jacksonville, Texas, Chappelle has always had success in various sports. Whether in UIL competition or on the AAU circuit. Mentored by Stacy Hunter, Chappelle's uncle, he was able to harness his skill sets and make the leap to the collegiate level at Tyler Junior College. After completing his time at TJC, Jeremey joined the Stephen F. Austin State University football program. From SFA, Chappelle accepted the opportunity to hold a roster spot with the Mississippi State University Bulldogs, until ultimately deciding to seek other football programs. In the midst of school changes, Chappelle's family and the entire East Texas community, including myself, suffered a great loss when Stacy Hunter was murdered at his nightclub on October 20, 2012 in Jacksonville, Texas. In the face of this darkness, Chappelle retreated to the depths of his mind, leaning on his support system and made the decision that his passion for the game of football was still burning and maintained his faith. Faith without works is dead. With that being said, Chappelle has put in the work to join the Northeastern State University football squad. We had the chance to catch up with Jeremey and ask him a few questions.

Our conversation is below enjoy!

The Great Change: At this point in your football career how do you feel about your abilities and confidence on the field?

Chappelle: I'm twenty-four now. My knowledge of the game is much better. I feel as if I'm better right now than I ever been. I was coming off a great spring at Mississippi State. Hopefully it will transgress to my new school.

The Great Change: What has your career taught you about the game of football, thus far. that you want to immediately put to work in your upcoming opportunity at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma?

Chappelle: My career is a lot different from others. This will be my fourth college I'm attending. My career has taught me to never give up and to always keep faith. I will IMMEDIATELY showcase my hard work and dedication to the game when I arrive on campus. Football is life for me. Its the greatest game to teach you about life.

The Great Change: Aside from the legacy that Stacy Hunter, your uncle, has left on the program you will be joining, what legacy do you plan to build?

Chappelle: The past few years NSU hasn't been very successful. In fact, they've been pretty bad. I want to win games, that's it. Winning games brings things like breaking records and scoring a lot of points but I care more about winning games.

The Great Change: What relationship are you looking to build with your fellow teammates and coaching staff?

Chappelle: Every school I've been to, I've built special relationships with my teammates and coaches. I don't think it will be different this time. Teammates are your brothers and that's how I treat them.

The Great Change: Who do you want to thank for your success?

Chappelle: I was raised by my mama, my grandma, and uncle. Those three had a big hand on my life. My mother is a single parent. She has been through it all, with me. Time, and time again I got myself into situations. My mom would come to the rescue. Getting me out of a bind. She's the reason I'm graduating with my bachelors degree. Her love for me has pushed me to do better for myself.

The Great Change: What advice do you have for youngsters with big dreams that are facing adversity?

Jeremey Chappelle: To any youngster with dreams that has been facing adversity, please don't give up. Keep a vision of your goals and do what you have to do to attain those goals. Life is all about highs and lows. In the midst of your highs be ready for your lows. The true content of a man is seen when he faces adversity. Keep your faith and finish.

Thanks for reading with The Great Change!

- The Great Change Team

No comments:

Post a Comment