Thursday, December 18, 2014

Guest Writer: Mawen Maywin


Hello Valued Readers!

The Great Change is joyously overwhelmed to introduce its latest guest writer, Mawen Maywin. Mawen is a poetic bibliophile who loves to write about his many passions. He manages the blog God University, located at goduniversity.blogspot.com. Mawen is the Vice President of the Black Students Association and a staff reporter and photographer for The Brand at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas. Also, Mr. Mawyin is a Computer Science Major with a minor in Buisness. He has an immense passion for people, music, technology and space

Enjoy his piece below!

The Human Imagination


“The best horror story is the one you make up within your own mind.”


― M. Maywin

Imagination - the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses.


Have you ever had an intense day dream or vision, and felt like you were actually living out that dream or vision for a little while? What if I told you that everything you imagine is real in another dimension somewhere?

As a kid, like many other kids I had a phobia of the dark, I was afraid to death of the dark. I would always either sleep with my face under the covers, or with some sort of light source on. But after the lights come on I realize that there was never really anything there to be afraid of except for my own imagination. As I got older I began to realize that fear was only a product of my own imagination and nothing else.

I cannot stress enough the importance of optimism which is the opposite of fear, optimism is actually using your imagination in a positive and non-fearful way.

When reading a book or a piece of writing without any illustrations, I find that the image or movie that is generated by my imagination is always better than any movie or illustration that someone could of created because it is my own unique interpretation of the text.
When watching a movie based on a book that I’ve previously read I am often shocked by the drastic differences between my imaginary illustration and the production.

We have created our own images of god and the devil using our imaginations, why do you think that god has no real identity and neither does the devil. No pun intended but the way I see it, the human Imagination is like a vibrational translation or interpretation of your true desires and fears.

For further reading from Mr. Maywin visit his blog at goduniversity.blogspot.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment