Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Story of The Genie

There once was a man who was approached by a wish granting genie. The genie said to the man, "Sir, I am a genie. I have the ability to use my magical powers to shift the universe to bring about any wish you desire to be granted. You have been granted one wish, there is but only one rule, you shall not wish to be granted any additional wishes. The man was at first very startled by the appearance of the genie, but after their dialog he was overjoyed and humbled. The man asked, "Genie, I am grateful for your power and timing in my life, yet this is a life altering decision and I would appreciate just one night to think to myself what it is I truly want most in this life." The genie complied and agreed to rendezvous with the man at the same location in 24 hours. The genie then poofed into thin air, out of sight, leaving the man standing alone.

A day later...

The two rendezvoused at their location. The man arrived several minutes before the designated time and gathered his thoughts and prepared to make his wish of a lifetime. The genie arrived promptly. Both enjoyed a moment of silence before the man abruptly said, "I wish I could grant wishes like a genie. In my life far too often have I been the person who receives and benefits from interactions I have in my life. I want to be the source of joy as you were when you appeared in my life, with the promise to grant any one wish. Well genie, this is wish I choose and I am certain that I will come across others who wish to be genies too!"

And the man's wish was granted...


No comments:

Post a Comment