Monday, August 11, 2014

#26

As I leave my friends, I bid them farewell. I tell them "be safe" because I want to see them again before I take in my last inhale.

Be safe, because the world is turning to violence, more die each day because "his shirt wasn't violet".

Or "he isn't from around here".. who gave these people so much power? Just to be clear. I'm not from here nor there. I'm from everywhere.

That's like saying the whole forrest belongs to just a few bears.

So to combat this thinking of those who hold violence in it's clinches, the police forces and others sometimes stereotype a certain group of people, and hunt them down like witches.

Am I the next Mike Brown or Trayvon Martin? Robbed of my life before it even gets started..

I hide my "blackness" and throw on cowboy boots.

I'm not a bad black guy! Don't shoot! Don't shoot!

Deaf to my cries, officers reply with "boom boom boom"

Chaos erupts from the officers' mistake, he was "just doing his job" instead of looking me in my face.

He would've saw himself, a reflection, a mirror. Maybe when I'm seen for my character officers will be slower to pull the trigger.

So I fear for my life from both sides of the spectrum. A gory struggle between law and racism.

No comments:

Post a Comment