Sunday, June 28, 2015

Interview: Roynal Bridgeforth

One of the most important people in a young man's life is his father. Well I want to give you all the honor of reading the interview my father and I had recently. We must take the time as a younger generation to soak up all of the knowledge our elders have. Take a look at the wisdom that father Bridgeforth had in store for me!







The Great Change: What comes to mind when you think of you hometown, Memphis, Tennessee?

R. Bridgeforth: The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Memphis is, family. I think about the love and respect we have for each other there.

The Great Change: What do you remember most about your mom?

R. Bridgeforth: The thing I remember most about my mom is that she was a very loving person.

The Great Change: What do you remember most about your dad?

R. Bridgeforth: The thing I remember about my dad is that he was a hard working man. Everyday he made sure we were fed and that we understood the value of a honest day's work.

The Great Change: If your parents had a message for your children, us, what do you think it would be?

R. Bridgeforth: Always love each other and be there for each other no matter what, and to please listen to your parents. 

The Great Change: What has given you success as a basketball coach?

R. Bridgeforth: Drive. My drive comes from the look that I got from son when he was a newborn. That still drives me today. This is literally bringing tears to my eyes.

The Great Change: What did you believe about yourself that helped you become successful and deal with hard times?

R. Bridgeforth: That I had faith in God and he would lead me in the right direction, success in basketball is not my greatest achievement. Watching my son and my daughter turn to respectable and God fearing people gives me much joy.

The Great Change: What three event most shaped your life?

R. Bridgeforth: The three most impactful events that have shaped my life are the death of my mom, the birth of my kids and the love of my life, my wife, Georgina Bridgeforth.

The Great Change: What could the world use more of right now?

R. Bridgeforth: The world could use more responsible parents and loving people. We need less hatred.

The Great Change: What do you believe that people want most in this life?

R. Bridgeforth: What people really want most out of life is to be loved and needed. 

The Great Change: What are you most proud of?

R. Bridgeforth: I’m really most proud of my marriage, my children. My children make me proud because they are smart, loving and giving. They are not filled with hatred. Also the fact that they love God.

The Great Change: What message would you like to share with your family?

R. Bridgeforth: Family... please do not take anything for granted. Life is too short. We will love each other through the hard times. Do not make the same mistake twice. I want you all to know that God got you if you have close relationship with him.



Thank you all for stopping by The Great Change Blog today! Check out our latest book The American Alien! 

Click Pre-Order to the RIGHT.



No comments:

Post a Comment