Sunday, June 28, 2015

Music Spotlight: R3DONE Music

Hey everyone! Checkout more about R3DONE Music below!





The Great Change: Tell me a little bit about yourself as a musical artist.

D. Wallace: I fell in love with hip hop music when I was in the 7th grade. I first heard H-town dirty south hip hop in an art class at Jacksonville Middle School. Upon that initial meeting I proceeded to beatbox and beat on the bleachers with fist and pens as my classmates freestyle rap battled before the school days started. I didn't start rapping until 2008 it started as a hobby, on a hand me down laptop, free recording software, and a rock band mic as my tools to make music. As I grew my love for the art form did as well. I found myself saving for better equipment and spending my school time writing lyrics. Hip hop music became my escape it ultimately was the platform that lead me to Christ through the artists of Reach Records. You could say Hip Hop is a big part of who I am.

The Great Change: What inspired your latest music release and what is the title of it?

D. Wallace: My latest release is titled #FreeTime it was inspired by life and recent events that have shaped and molded me into man I'm becoming. The overall concept is a question of "how do we use our free time? Do we find ourselves wasting it on nonsense or do we capitalize on it using it to make a positive impact in our community and culture?" You can find this EP for free or donation at R3DONE.Bandcamp.com

The Great Change: How do you feel when you are creating music?

D. Wallace: I feel alive, I feel free, I feel SO close to God. Music is my release and my escape. My transportation to another world.

The Great Change: What audience do you make your music for?

D. Wallace: My music is center around my faith in Jesus Christ. It is a reflection of how I view life. It's more than trying to preach or make you feel bad for your sins. It's life music you see my struggles you see my victories. I just want to inspire people to chase their dreams and motivate them to never give up. My music is made for the misfits, outcast, rejects. It is a voice of hope to the hopeless. My music says we're not perfect but we can lean on a savior that is!

The Great Change: What is up next for you?


D. Wallace: I'm currently working on two collaboration project with my close friend Trevor who goes by the name of "Trademark" you will hear him feature in my #FreeTime project. We've been grinding out our own instrumentals growing as producers as well as lyricist. I also have a few performances coming up as well as a promotional trip to Nashville to network and connect with other artist and find new inspirations.

Well once again valued readers, we appreciate your loyalty to our site and encourage you all to check out our new book, The American Alien, available for pre-order today!

No comments:

Post a Comment