Friday, December 26, 2014

#40

As much as I call for education reform on part of "the system" I must duly call for reform in the parental sector to improve the state of education. Even though I am a young bachelor that has not begun his family yet, I come from a strong nuclear, peripheral and adopted family. I am a product of the many lessons I was taught in and out of school. Sometimes I learned things in school that helped me outside of school. Sometimes I learned things outside of school that helped me inside of school.

Again, I do not have any children, but through observation and interaction, I can say with certainty children are sponges. They will soak in anything and everything about their surroundings. Which is rightfully so, they are new here and really are just trying to learn how to survive, ya know? 

So parents and future parents just know, you have/will have a little spongebob squarepants foll that will one day be ready to start schooling, but will have been learning how to survive, the most important thing in this life, from those that they have been most exposed to. 

Imagine it like this, you just got a brand spanking new computer (the child) and you are installing the software (your survival tactics) on which this computer will run on until it's battery is complete gone. Continue imagining with me, this computer will be able to download different programs that it can run (learning in school) but these programs will only run as efficiently as the software that was initially installed allows for, it it even allows for it at all.

The parents and the family SET THE FOUNDATION FOR FUTURE LEARNERS. Until we can start realizing and being conscious that our kids' software for live is being install in those sponge years at home legally up to six years before the law requires they attend school. 

SIX YEARS of SURVIVAL SCHOOL. Be mindful of how you teach your little one(s) how "we" survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment