Monday, December 29, 2014

#41

A moment in time and a quiet place is all we need

In a race for your heart, I hope I am in the lead

If not, I am gaining on the leader with God's speed

I would write love letters that you could read and reread

Netflixing all night through dull moments, seasons on repeat

We can go anywhere, a hometown bar or drinks on Wall Street

Would you prefer me to show you off or to be discreet?

A mutual benefit for us. I teach you, you teach me.

But I will not try to contain nor capture thee

Instead I will admire your flight, like a bird flying free

Ready to exercise my green thumb and plant our family tree

I'm only pursing this vision if it is something you can also see

But until we know for sure, we can wait until its a guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment